NO chemicals or PPD used. Ever.
Henna (Lawsonia inermis) is a plant, historically found in Mesopotamia, that has natural staining qualities. The dried leaves from the henna plant are made into a finely sifted powder that is mixed with other natural ingredients to create henna paste. Natural henna leaves a beautiful mahogany-brown toned stain on the skin.
All henna paste used by Bella Donna is handmade fresh by the artist using only body art quality organic henna powder, raw vegan sugar, pure essential oils (generally either lavender, cajeput, tea tree, ecaulyptus or a blend of them all) and distilled water.
Henna Body Art, also referred to as Mehndi, is a beautiful way to celebrate many things, to mark special times throughout our lives as well as simply luck, love, beauty or just for fun!
Although her passion for henna began over 15 years ago, Cori debuted as a professional henna artist 5+ years ago at the Downtown Benicia Farmers Market and is available for a variety of henna services:
- Private Appointments
- Parties (Birthdays, Girls Night, Showers)
- Boudoir Mehndi
- Bridal Mehndi
- Henna Crowns
- Large Events (Corporate events, Grad nights)
* Remember henna stains best on the hands and feet! The layers of skin on the palms of the hands and soles of the feet are thicker so henna is able to penetrate deeper into those layers and achieve darker & longer lasting adornments!
- Before applying henna, make sure your skin is clean, no oils or lotion. Stay warm during & after application. Keep your henna paste on the skin for as long as possible; 2-4 hours minimum but I recommend 8-12 hours for the best results.
- Remember that the longer your henna paste stays on the skin, the darker & longer lasting the stain will be. Be careful with your dried henna design, it’s delicate.
- Do NOT use water to remove paste - Gently flake or scrape off dried paste. For stubborn dried henna you can soften the paste with warm natural oil, such as coconut or olive oil, & gently wipe with a wash rag.
- Avoid water for 12-24 hours after paste removal – the longer the better. In the first 48 hours after paste removal, your stain will oxidize & transition from orange to brown – Keep your henna stain well moisturized with a natural oil or balm during this time & prior to any water exposure thereafter.